As life moves on for me – at a rate of 1000 mph – I feel the need to stop by here and say a few things:
1. God’s Word is never-failing, infallible and continuously supporting to all of us who believe.
2. He never lies to us. His intentions are always pure towards us; He is interested in the most intimate details of our lives.
3. He will do whatever it takes to prepare us for our destinies. This means pushing us to do what we SWORE we’d never do, or He will make us feel a pull or restlessness that says, “You need to do this” or “You need to be here”.
4. He takes away our appetites for certain things, yet increases our appetites for other things. So, such as, if we loved raunchy entertainment at one time, we may find ourselves losing interest in them and instead we want to listen to some good, positive music.
5. He pushes us to pray and drink from His ever-living fountain, The Word of God. This means that during those interrupted sleep times, the “down” times, the financially challenging times and even when all is well – we’ll feel a stirring, a pull, towards “Sweet Hour of Prayer” and/or the infallible Word.
6. He allows us time to see ourselves – the REAL us. We will soul-search often and repent of even imagined sins because we just want to be closer to Him.
7. He removes obstacles between us and Him. If they are people, places or things – get ready to tell them, “Bye-bye!” If you do not voluntarily walk away, they will be removed. He does not allow any crutches on this narrow, uphill, bumpy walk called the Christian pathway.
8. And He confirms His call on us through His other servants. Over the past few years I’ve written several blogs and commented on others’ writings and the responses I’ve received are very consistent with what He has confirmed inside of me. When I hear dissonance, I question its source, since I know what God has told me in the middle of the night and shown me in dreams, and then confirmed to me in His Word.
I thank God that no matter what lies ahead, He walks with me and I will live to see His promises fulfilled in my life. AMEN!